Cooling Tower Water Treatment & Chemical Treatment Services
Chemical Water Treatment for Cooling Towers
Chardon Laboratories is your best source for reliable cooling tower chemical treatment services. We will work with you to develop a customized cooling tower chemical treatment plan that will provide an effective defense against key contamination issues such as biological growth, concentrated mineral content and white rust formation. You’ll get the benefit of a guaranteed scale-free cooling tower water treatment system at a guaranteed annual price.
Cooling Tower Water Treatment
Cooling towers can range in size from fairly modest to extremely large, depending on the cooling loads of a facility. Chardon handles them all, and will tailor a maintenance program to meet your specific needs.
Due to it’s exposure to the outside environment, the cooling tower is the primary source of contamination within your system. Acting as a large air washer, the “open” tower water loop accumulates airborne particulate and promotes biological growth. Through evaporation, it also concentrates mineral content.
Chardon utilizes a full line of corrosion and scale inhibitors, white rust preventatives, and microbiological inhibitors to create a custom chemical plan that addresses these problems and others to keep your cooling towers running efficiently.
“We don’t sell chemicals, we sell clean systems.”
Use these links to jump to the content you are most interested in:
- Cooling Tower Water Treatment Products
- Cooling Tower Water Treatment During Start-Up
- Cooling Tower Water Treatment for Heat Exchangers
- Cooling Tower Loop Water Treatment
- Refrigerant Loop Water Treatment
- Chilled Water Loop water Treatment
- Cooling Tower Start-Up Treatment Overview
- Cleaning Heat Exchangers Overview
- Preventing Corrosion and Fouling During Lay Up
- Controlling White Rust (Galvanic Corrosion) in Cooling Towers
- Reasons to Discharge Tower Bleed to Sanitary Sewers
- Controlling Aluminum Corrosion in Cooling Tower Systems
- Consequences of Low Flow in Cooling Towers
- Mass Balance & Cooling Tower Water Treatment
Cooling Tower Loop Water Treatment
Water is carried from the condenser to the cooling tower, where it’s surface area is increased to facilitate evaporation. Some of the water is lost in the atmosphere, but the solids remain behind. When the cooled water reaches the sump, it is circulated back through the condenser, where it removes heat from the refrigerant.
Refrigerant Loop Water Treatment
The refrigerant is continuously cycled through the refrigerant loop. It absorbs heat from the chilled loop and is changed from a liquid to a gas in the evaporator. The compressor increases the pressure and temperature of the gas, which flows into the heat exchanger. There, the cooling tower water removes heat from the refrigerant causing it to condense back to a liquid.
Chilled Water Loop Water Treatment
The chilled loop is actually a closed loop where water is circulated throughout the entire facility continuously to fulfill the cooling requirements of the system.