Commercial Chemical Water Treatment Services in Nashville
Water Treatment Services in Nasvhille, Tennessee
Chardon Labs is a leader in water treatment for the wide variety of businesses and industries that make up the Nashville area. Our ISO-certified service and commitment to keeping your cooling towers, boilers and closed loops clean make us the premier commercial water treatment provider in Nashville. Using our 50-plus years of experience in the industry, our technicians have the knowledge to help you run your equipment at maximum efficiency and keep operational costs low.
We help Ohio companies across industries manage their water treatment and prevent scale, corrosion and microbiological growth through the following services.
Boiler Water Treatment in Nashville
Setting up a proper treatment program for a boiler is crucial to your business's operation. If left treated poorly or untreated, your boiler can scale or corrode, causing inefficiencies in your system and potentially significant damage. Scale and corrosion, like oxygen pitting, can cause downtime and cost you money by keeping your boiler from operating at peak efficiency.
Our boiler water treatment services in Nashville, Tennessee, include:
- A free survey to determine system needs and status.
- Regular testing through your customized chemical treatment plan.
- Boiler care during peak use and the off-season.
- Scale and corrosion prevention methods.
- Treatments administered by ISO-certified technicians.
- Continued maintenance at a guaranteed annual price.
At Chardon we pride ourselves on setting up a personalized program to help prevent the wide range of problems that scale and corrosion can cause. Our expert boiler treatment technicians can set up your program to help save big on water and chemical costs. You can also avoid the expensive repairs, downtime and low efficiency that come from corrosion and scale.
Boiler Chemical Treatments and Equipment in Nashville
To properly care for your boiler to ensure that it is running at peak efficiency and saving you the most money, you’ll need boiler chemicals to protect from scale and corrosion. At Chardon, our boiler chemical line can help prevent things like oxygen pitting, scale formation and other issues that damage your boiler system.
We offer chemicals that can absorb high levels of dissolved oxygen, which can cause pitting, or disperse precipitated crystals, which form deposits. Other chemical solutions might prevent scale, control the amount of oxygen or reduce foam.
Beyond chemicals, we have several equipment solutions that can help with the problems that boilers typically face:
- Coupon racks: Coupon racks and coupons offer estimates of the corrosion rate of your system for straightforward monitoring of the treatment's effectiveness.
- Controllers: A controller provides automation for feeds, conductivity bleeds and read-outs for better efficiency.
- Boiler probes: With a boiler probe, you can detect how much water is in a system, which is necessary for analysis and monitoring pH levels.
- Contact headwater meters: This equipment helps with taking readings for water usage and helps achieve consistent feeding.
We also offer equipment solutions like chemical mix tanks with agitators, boiler blowdown solenoids and chemical pumps for efficient and accurate operations.
Finally, in addition to chemicals and equipment, we can also conduct what's called a blowdown. This is a process that limits the concentration of dissolved minerals by maintaining appropriate concentration cycles. We drain feedwater from the boiler and replace it with feedwater with a lower concentration of dissolved solids, reducing the amount of solids in the water overall and minimizing the opportunity for it to create scale or rust.
By combining these methods, we can create a solution that meets the needs of your specific water environment.
Closed-Loop Water Treatment in Nashville
Within a heating and cooling loop system, many problems can occur if the water in those loops is left untreated. Bacterial growth, corrosion and scale could all cause problems with your heating and cooling loops. Even in closed loops, anaerobic bacteria can still cause many different problems for your system. Preventing bacterial growth in your closed loops can help keep your system running at peak efficiency.
Our selection of closed-loop water treatment services for Nashville, Tennessee, businesses include:
- A free survey to determine the current system status and needs.
- Cleaning and flushing.
- The prevention of corrosion, microbiological growth and scale.
- Corrosion coupons.
- Treatments administered by ISO-certified technicians for better system longevity.
- Regular testing of your system through a custom chemical treatment plan.
- Continued maintenance at a consistent and steady annual price.
Although a closed-loop system is protected from some of the issues that open-loop systems face, it can still be susceptible to corrosion problems. Monitoring for these issues is an important part of managing your closed-loop system, and the technicians at Chardon Labs know what it takes. They'll utilize several different techniques, such as chemicals and equipment, to keep corrosion at bay and keep a close eye on your system.
Companies that work with plastic injection molds must be particularly aware of the status of their closed-loop system. The action of changing mold tools can significantly reduce the volume in a closed-loop system and make it more vulnerable to contamination issues. Some extra care may be required, such as replacing the water or flushing the attachment manifold. We can help you identify the issues and manage this kind of system.
Our Closed-Loop Water Treatment Methods
To tackle the corrosion risks facing closed-loop systems, we typically use a range of chemicals and delivery systems for easy implementation and upkeep. The chemicals we apply might be used to make the water less corrosive, such as by adjusting the pH to non-corrosive levels. Maintaining appropriate pH levels can reduce wear on piping, as well as help control issues related to iron.
Another effective measure is to remove excess oxygen from the water, which slows the speed of corrosion on the adjacent metal surfaces. We can do so through chemicals and through compounds that form protective films on the surfaces of the system, passivating them to the corrosive reactions.
The types of equipment we use to deliver these chemicals and monitor closed-loop systems include filtration equipment, biocide feeders, pH probes and shot-feeder systems.
Cooling Tower Treatment in Nashville
Looking to prevent bacteria in your cooling tower? Chardon can provide chemical treatment and establish a biocide program to help prevent all kinds of bacteria from growing and causing issues in your cooling tower. From our Legionella solutions to our established biocides and chemicals, Chardon has what it takes to keep your tower clean. Our technicians are experts at preventing other issues like scale and corrosion of your tower, as well as earning cost savings from things like evaporation credits.
We develop holistic solutions to defend against contamination, like concentrated mineral content, white rust and biological growth. We deliver cooling tower water treatment services to Nashville, Tennesee, including:
- Testing and reporting on current system status.
- Custom plans to address your unique contamination issues, such as biological growth, rust and scale.
- Heat exchanger services.
- Regular maintenance at a guaranteed, predictable annual price.
- Treatment application and cooling tower passivation conducted by ISO-certified technicians.
We'll develop our solution with your unique cooling tower and water environment in mind. Whether you have a natural or mechanical tower with counterflow or crossflow, our experts will factor it in and identify every area of risk. Remember that your cooling tower is a primary source of contamination, with vulnerability to airborne particles that accumulate and encourage biological growth, as well as evaporation that causes mineral concentration. Professionals can better prepare for these challenges.
Our Cooling Tower Treatment Methods
We combat these processes with a range of treatments, like corrosion and scale inhibitors and white rust preventives, to match your unique water environment. Other chemicals include oxidizing and non-oxidizing biocides and anti-foaming and pre-treatment chemicals. We may also combine these chemicals with a range of equipment solutions, such as:
- Conductivity controllers for automating feeds and accessing real-time data.
- Chemical pumps for various levels of automation and easy chemical additions.
- Mini pulse timers for controlling the chemical feed flow with relay outputs.
- Contact headwater meters for determining the correct amount of chemical feed, accurately tracking the system and avoiding under- or overfeeding.
- Flow switches to detect issues and provide efficient monitoring of your system.
- Corrosion coupon racks to monitor the system and reduce corrosion risk.
- Biocide and chemical batch tanks for safe storage that can reduce spill risks.
- Bleed solenoids for accurate system bleeding and straightforward bleed functionality adjustments.
- Probes for conductivity, pH and Oxidation Reduction Potential (ORP) that work with your controller to deliver a quick, comprehensive analysis of real-time pH levels and water analysis.
Legionella Testing Services in Nashville
Legionella in your water systems can be a dangerous thing. This bacteria lives in warm and wet environments like cooling towers, spas and air washers, making it a common occurrence in many different commercial buildings. If a person inhales Legionella, they can contract Legionnaire's Disease or the less-serious Pontiac fever. Unfortunately, the way Legionella behaves makes it somewhat difficult to test for, which contributes to the need for professional assistance in testing for and controlling it.
The American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air-Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE) established one method of controlling outbreaks of Legionella through Standard 188. This standard outlines some requirements, such as a water management plan, that certain buildings must abide by. Typically, these are buildings that have a higher potential for growth or a more susceptible population, like the elderly.
These buildings include those with:
- More than 10 stories.
- Inpatient health care.
- Free chlorine over .5 parts per million.
- One or more water features.
- Occupants over the age of 65.
- A whirlpool or spa.
- A centralized hot water heater.
Our Legionella Testing Methods
As we conduct Legionella testing services in Nashville, Tennessee, our expert technicians work alongside leading testing services for dependable accuracy and thorough testing procedures. Our Legionella control solutions can include a range of equipment and chemical products to meet the demands of your unique water environment and system.
Biocides and chemicals are often sufficient, but not always. In some cases, we may need to implement new equipment or maintenance practices such as inspections, flushes and cleanings to better control and monitor for Legionella. If you adjust any operations, your Legionella control methods might need to change too. Chardon Labs can keep up with these changes and provide the right solutions wherever your business goes.
Outside of control and testing, we offer assistance with several other aspects of Legionella risk:
- Risk assessment
- Implementation assistance
- Water management plan development
- Cooling tower cleaning
If your building needs a water management plan according to Standard 188, the expert technicians at Chardon Labs can help you create one that fits the unique needs of your work and water environment. We'll help you with a comprehensive survey and risk assessment, along with a thorough evaluation of the results and some best practices to use moving forward.
Water Quality Around Nashville, Tennessee
When we develop water treatment solutions for businesses in Tennessee and the surrounding areas, we consider the unique characteristics of the water in those places. Here's how a few of them stack up:
Chardon is the leader in water treatment all over the Nashville area. Our technicians can handle a variety of water treatment around the area, from treating the hard water in Murfeesboro to treating cooling water in Smyrna and Franklin.
The Chardon Labs Advantage
At Chardon Labs, we don't sell chemicals — we sell clean systems. We focus on holistic solutions that improve efficiency and make water treatment simple, all while keeping operating costs low with better equipment performance and transparent pricing structures.
If you need to control biological growth, scale or corrosion, we can help. Reach out to an expert today to learn more about our chemical water treatment services for businesses in Nashville, Tennesee.