Water Testing and Treatment in Columbus, Ohio
Whether you work in manufacturing, health care or food production, ensuring a clean and safe water system is pivotal. At Chardon Laboratories, we specialize in water treatment for cooling towers, boilers and closed loop water systems.
We can customize a water treatment plan to your applications, helping your facility reduce costs, prevent bacterial development and enhance equipment life span. Discover the solutions we offer for different industries in this guide.
Water Treatment Technicians Serving All of Ohio
Water Treatment Services by Industry
Our water treatment services cater to a wide variety of industries, from automotive to food production. Below are some examples.
1. Food and Beverage
Cold storage and refrigeration are important applications in the food and beverage processing industry. Many food production companies use cooling towers and ammonia compressors to control temperature.
However, cooling towers are prone to contaminants and bacteria. Additionally, ammonia can leak into water supplies, damaging internal systems and corroding water lines. These possibilities make effective water treatment for ammonia compressors and cooling towers vital in the food industry.
Furthermore, boilers are commonly used in food and beverage processing. They serve applications like bottling, canning, baking and more. They can face challenges like scaling and corrosion, so regular boiler water treatment is essential for reliability and longevity. Whatever water systems you use for your food production needs, Chardon Labs can help.
The automotive industry is a major consumer of water, relying on thousands of liters daily. Water contributes to numerous production processes, from surface coating and treatment to hosing and rinsing.
With such extensive water use, automotive companies need to save energy, properly maintain water and reduce costs as much as possible. Our automotive water treatment services can customize a solution that meets your manufacturing needs, whether those involve the engine, transmission, chassis or other vehicle components.
Through more efficient water consumption and reuse, we'll help you find innovative methods to reach your financial and sustainability goals. We can also help you earn Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design credits by reducing your fuel and electrical costs.
Access to safe, clean water is crucial in healthcare environments, including hospitals, clinics and pharmaceutical production facilities. Water treatment is important for various applications, such as:
- Specimen processing.
- Heating and cooling the facility.
- Meeting hygiene standards for patients, staff and visitors.
Patient care should be a top priority for health care facilities, which includes having well-maintained water in cooling systems, water heaters, sinks and other appliances. We provide specialized healthcare water treatment services at Chardon to keep your facility up to par.
These solutions include:
- Cooling tower water treatment.
- Boiler water treatment.
- Closed loop water treatment.
- Legionella control and prevention.
Manufacturing relies on productivity, reliability and cost-effectiveness. Proper water treatment helps prevent scale, corrosion, microbiological growth and airborne contaminants, helping your company avoid costly machine breakdowns.
Chardon offers high-quality water treatment for manufacturing companies to keep your operations running smoothly. Examples of industries that can benefit from our services include but aren't limited to:
- Plastics: This industry frequently uses cooling towers to cool plastic molds. A solid water treatment plan helps keep your cooling tower at optimal performance, limiting expensive maintenance and repairs. It also ensures sanitary plastic parts meet Food and Drug Administration approval. If you need plastic manufacturing water treatment services, Chardon is your solution.
- Heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC): Manufacturing companies often use HVAC systems to maintain comfortable temperatures for workers, especially when using machines that produce significant heat. HVAC systems typically use cooling towers, as well as water-chilled coolers and condensers. Chemical treatment from Chardon Labs can help keep your equipment and water clean. It can also minimize repairs, lower your utility bills and ensure safe temperatures in your facility.
Water Treatment Regulations in Columbus
Proper water treatment and maintenance help ensure your facility, equipment and practices meet municipality standards. The city of Columbus implements the following guidelines to ensure safe, clean water systems for businesses:
- Water heater maintenance: Set your water heater to at least 120 degrees Fahrenheit. Determine if the manufacturer recommends draining the water heater after prolonged disuse.
- Water system flushing: Facilities should flush hot and cold water through all points of use, such as sink faucets and showers. This action replaces water in the piping with fresh water. Flush until the hot water reaches its maximum temperature.
- Water feature cleanliness: Remember to clean any decorative water features, such as ornamental fountains, according to the manufacturer's guidelines. They should be free of any visible slime or biofilm. Once you've refilled the fountain, measure its disinfectant levels to ensure the water is safe for use.
- Water management program: The city of Columbus advises developing a comprehensive water management program for all water-using systems and devices.
- Cooling tower maintenance: Buildings should maintain cooling towers per best industry practices and manufacturer's guidelines.
Cooling Tower and System Treatment in Columbus
Cooling towers can be vulnerable to corrosion, scale, white rust, foam and biological growth. Therefore, it's important to have the right filtration technologies and chemicals. Chardon can inspect and test your cooling tower system, then help you create an effective treatment strategy, keeping efficiency up and costs and contaminants down.
We have the skills and equipment needed to maintain your cooling tower's performance, including conductivity controllers, contact headwater meters, chemical pumps and other essential gear. Our highly trained technicians can help you choose and apply the correct water treatment chemicals for your cooling tower. We take the guesswork out of chemical treatment, so you don't have to take on this task yourself.
Columbus Commercial Legionella Control
Inhaling microscopic, airborne water droplets containing Legionella bacteria can spread a severe type of pneumonia called Legionnaire's disease. The following factors can promote Legionella growth in cooling towers, sink and shower faucets, decorative fountains and other water sources:
- Low disinfectant levels
- Water temperatures between 68 and 122 degrees Fahrenheit
- pH between 5 and 8.5
A comprehensive prevention plan is critical to avoid an outbreak in your facility. Fortunately, Chardon Labs can assist you. First, we'll survey your water systems to identify Legionella risk factors. We'll then help you create an effective Water Management Plan with both temporary and long-term strategies to address this issue.
Consistent bacteria testing and monitoring can ensure a safe water system for your facility. Turn to our trusted team to handle this crucial step.
Choose Chardon Labs for Columbus Commercial Water Treatment
Managing your water system is a considerable, time-consuming responsibility. Let Chardon Labs take on the challenge instead. With ISO-certified field technicians, guaranteed water system treatments at a fixed annual cost, and nearly 60 years of industry experience, you can count on us for a cost-effective plan tailored to your needs.
Learn more about our services by contacting a water treatment expert today!